2nd International Workshop on the Strengthening Families Program
“Present and future challenges of SFP interventions around the world”
20th November 2018
University of the Balearic Islands, Majorca (Spain).
The different SFP interventions around the world face similar challenges: cultural adaptation and fidelity, instruments of evaluation, validation of international adaptations, follow-up analysis, gender issues, incorporation of technologies in the implementation…
This one-day workshop aims at aligning the concerns of SFP researchers and implementers around these subjects. In special, one of the main aims is to reach a “gold standard” of evaluation and to discuss the best instruments for it. Guest speakers: Karol Kumpfer (Emeritus Prof. University of Utah, USA), John Toumbourou (Professor Deakin University, Australia) and other important well-known scholars (TBA).
*Free assistance. It is necessary to register before October 31th.
**The main language of the activity is English with a small speaking session in Spanish.
9h Workshop Welcome. Carmen Orte (University of the Balearic Islands).
9.15h-10.15h Results from SFP around the world (Karol Kumpfer, Emeritus Professor from University of Utah).
10.15h-11.15h Experience of SFP in Australia. Strengths and Limitations. (John Toumbourou, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia).
11.15h-12.15h Family participation and retention (Jorge Negreiros, University of Porto).
12.15-13.30h Lunch (on-site).
13.30h-15h International scope. Difficulties and recommendations for practice. Session 1:
- SFP in Spain (Lluís Ballester and Joan Amer, University of the Balearic Islands).
- SFP Ireland (Marie Lawless, Ballymun Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force)
- SFP Slovenia (Sanela Talic, UTRIP)
15.15h-16.45h International scope. Difficulties and recommendations for practice. Session 2:
- SFP10-14 in Wales (SFP Cymru, Jeremy Segrott, University of Cardiff)
- SFP 6-11 in France (Corinne Marie-Roehrig, Comité D’Education pour la Santé des Alpes Maritimes)
- SFP 12-16 in France (Ulrich Vandoorne, Csapa Kairn71 – Sauvegarde71 / Fédération Addiction)
- SFP in Brazil (Larissa Nobre-Sandoval, Grupo de Estudos em Prevençao, University of Brasilia)
17h-19h Experiences of SFP implementers and practitioners around the world. Open debate session. Exchanges among professionals. Two parallel sessions:
Session A: English-speaking session. SFP implementation and quality around the world (United States, Australia, Brazil, France, United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal, Ireland and Slovenia). Lessons learned and tips for practice. Participants: implementers and facilitators. Chair person: Nuno Matias Ferreira (Direção-Geral de Reinserção e Serviços Prisionais, Açores, Portugal)
- Session B: Spanish-speaking session. La implementación del SFP y calidad en España. Los casos de Galicia (Igaxes), Castilla y León (Junta de Castilla y León), Illes Balears (Universitat Illes Balears, Projecte Home i Jovent). Recomendaciones y buenas prácticas. Moderadora: Marga Vives, Universitat Illes Balears)
This event is funded by the European Union (Feder Funds) and the Balearic Government (Vice-presidency and Innovation, Research and Tourism Department)